-stitches for week 28 and 29 were posted at the same time, because the second one is a variation of the first one. I wanted to see the difference between the 2 variations of the raised chain
, so I made them the same size and I used the same thread. For the ladder of straight stitches I used 2 threads of stranded DMC. The raised chain is done in Caron Wildflowers Springtime. The bottom one was the first one I made, it was supposed to be the first variation. But when I finished the variation in the middle, I looked at Sharon's tutorial again and saw I had misread the instructions. I skipped the first part of the stitch, because I thought it was only part of the first stitch. That's why I had to make a third one. So now I have 3 variations of the raised chain.
I decided to experiment with the raised chain for week 28. I made a Vandyke stitch
with Stef Francis perle 5 and made a row of the raised chain on both sides. At the left side from bottom to top and at the right side the other way round.
Then I remembered the variation of the Portuguese border stitch I made
. I used perle 8 in blue and burgundy and started with a whipped wheel with a French knot in the middle. Then I made a circle of raised chain with burgundy. With the same thread I added some extra straight stitches between the blue ones. I'm glad I take a lot of pictures when I'm experimenting, because this looks nice too.
The next blue circle has twice as many stitches as the first one.
Then I added another burgundy circle. I didn't want to see the beginning and ending of every circle, so I made the last stitch a bit different. I took the thread through the beginning loop (the one over the first bar) from left to right. Then I took my thread to the back next to the loop of the last stitch. I hope this makes sence, I didn't take a picture of this step!
My sampler is not finished. I want to try the raised chain for week 29 on it too.