Monday, August 16, 2010

Crazy Monday 23

Before I started with Sharon's class encrusted crazy quilting, I added a burgundy border to my Crazy Monday quilt and started to sew down the seams with a herringbone stitch. I wrote about that here, with a picture of the quilt. Now I'm finally finished with the seams. But when I wanted to sandwich it, I noticed a spot that needed some flowers. I had planned to do those after adding the border, but totally forgot about it. (I made this block a year ago!) I made detached chain stitches and straight stitches with 2 threads of stranded DMC to the flowers at the bottom of the parasol.
If you want to know the story of this quilt, you can read more in my Crazy Monday posts.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and I love your Monday Crazy quilts! I'll be checking back in the future to see what you've been up to. :D

    Teresa (@mrslevite on Twitter)
    http://teresasstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.