Then I remembered the variation of the Portuguese border stitch I made. I used perle 8 in blue and burgundy and started with a whipped wheel with a French knot in the middle. Then I made a circle of raised chain with burgundy. With the same thread I added some extra straight stitches between the blue ones. I'm glad I take a lot of pictures when I'm experimenting, because this looks nice too.
The next blue circle has twice as many stitches as the first one.
Then I added another burgundy circle. I didn't want to see the beginning and ending of every circle, so I made the last stitch a bit different. I took the thread through the beginning loop (the one over the first bar) from left to right. Then I took my thread to the back next to the loop of the last stitch. I hope this makes sence, I didn't take a picture of this step!
My sampler is not finished. I want to try the raised chain for week 29 on it too.