zaterdag 20 april 2013

Diamond stitch

TAST stitch 60 is diamond stitch. I already stitched a lot of experiments on my TAST 2010 sampler and didn’t think I could come up with something new. Luckily I was inspired by Barbara’s experiment with diamond and herringbone stitch
I started with a diamond stitch in Stef Francis perle 5.
Then I added a herringbone stitch as if I was stitching a double herringbone. The thread is perle 5.
Now I could weave another row of herringbone stitches through the first herringbone row and the diamond stitch. Here I put the needle over the diamond stitch and under the herringbone stitch.
In the second part of the herringbone I put the needle under the diamond stitch and over the herringbone stitch of the previous row.
My finished stitch combo.
Here I did almost the same, but now with 2 rows of diamond stitches. The threads are perle 5.
Again almost the same, but now I stitched a combo of woven diamond and Cretan stitches. The threads are perle 5 and Caron Wildflowers. It would have been nice to add French knots or beads, but there was not enough space for them on my sampler.
Take a closer look at my diamond stitch sampler here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. These combinations are all impressive and make beautiful border decorations. Personally I am quite fond of the last combo as the Cretan stitches protrude outside the band.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. another great descriptive blog on the latest tast stitch, you share so much with us many thanks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. So kind of you to mention my sample! :)
    Playing with stitch is a great way to come up with new combinations and yours are great!
    Barbara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This has inspired me. I'm going to have a go at this on my sampler.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen