Thursday, September 2, 2010

Woven trellis stitch

Yesterday I started with the woven trellis stitch. I tried a variety of different threads and started with a purple variegated Stef Francis perle 5. I added some green detached chain stitches with perle 12.For the next one I used perle 8 for the woven trellis stitch and perle 12 for the feather stitches.
I made 5 petals for this flowers with Stef Francis perle 5 and 3 drizzle stitches in the centre.
When I visited the Flickr TAST-group yesterday, I saw this lovely fuchsia. I knew I wanted to make one, because I had a fuchsia in my garden for years. Unfortunately it didn't survive the last winter! I used the colours of that one for my embroidered fuchsia. I used perle 8 for the flower and perle 12 for the stem in a whipped chain stitch.
This dragonfly started as a flower with 6 petals. When I finished the foundation stitches for 4 of them, they looked like the wings of a butterfly. But when they were woven, it looked more like the wings of a dragonfly. I made the body with a padded satin stitch. I just made 6 large straight stitches and made the satin stitch over them. I made a few extra straight stitches at the top of the body.
My finished sampler for week 27 is here.

6 comments:

  1. I love the shades of purple and green,, just like my blog colours!

    http://damselinadirtydress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are just beautiful and the stitching is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing how you've used these stitches. And I love that varigated purple thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely range of samples and the stitching is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flowers..I lie the dragon fly..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.