Thursday, April 8, 2010
Buttonhole eyelet flower
These are my very first experiments with the buttonhole eyelet flower. I tried the flowers on the left side first with 5 petals and perle 5. The yellow/red one has 12 wraps and the yellow/ blue one 15 warps. I already had made a lot of bullion knots, but not with perle 5! I had trouble finding a needle that could be pulled through after wrapping. Luckily I found an old one, but I don’t think it’s an embroidery needle. I think it’s for mending socks! But it worked for now. As you can see, the petals of the flowers are all different. I had trouble dividing the circle in 5 parts. So I tried 6 petals on the yellow/purple one at the right side, but that didn’t help. The last one I tried is done with 2 threads of stranded DMC color variations. I used my quilting needle, as I always had done (I bought my first embroidery needles a few months ago!) and made 15 wraps for each petal. This time I had no trouble with the bullion knots, so I think I need another embroidery needle for perle 5.