dinsdag 15 april 2014

Old rice and square boss stitches

TAST stitch 108 is rice stitch and TAST stitch 109 is square boss. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

When I saw these new TAST stitches I knew I had some old samples to share. 
I hope you enjoy them. My first samples are part of my TAST 2007 sampler, which I stitched in July 2009. I used stranded floss, 4 threads for the square boss and 
2 and 4 threads for the rice stitch. This is a combo of both stitches.
A square of rice stitches in different colour combo’s on the same sampler.
An experiment with square boss in green and red.
Another experiment with square boss on the same sampler. I stitched the second part of the stitch in diamond shape.
Here I translated a cross stitch pattern to rice stitch, I doodled this little house myself (I don’t think I could call it a design!). Feel free to use it. This is the last detail on my TAST 2007 sampler, take a closer look at the complete sampler here.
This combo of Cretan stitch and square boss is part of my PLOS sampler for week 5. The threads are perle 5.
My last sample is a puzzle picture. It’s a detail of the canvas stitches on my embroidery Relief, which I made for Sharon’s sumptuous surface class. There are different canvas stitches, including scattered rice stitches. It’s stitched in Stef Francis spun silk with flames, a nice thread that changes in thickness and colour. The second thread is Rainbow Gallery Treasure Braid in shiny green. Shiny threads are hard to photograph!
 There are more rice stitches in this purple part, you can see a larger detail here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtig sommige lijken wel bloemenveldjes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Everything is very impressive and inspiring. What a great idea of using a cross stitch design for these stitches.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. another good variety of the stitches here. Have used rice stitch quite a bit in canvas work but not tried square boss before.

      Verwijderen