woensdag 17 september 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - September 17

Last Saturday I patched a new 8 x 8 inch block for my Crazy White quilt, it’s my 5th.
This morning I had time to decorated the first seam with TAST stitch 126: alternating up and down buttonhole stitch. I stitched it in a V-shape and added straight stitches. The threads are perle 5 and cotton a broder.
Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s.
More info at Pin Tangle.

TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

13 opmerkingen:

  1. The centre piece is placed so cleverly! I wonder what you will do with it?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Queenie. I have no idea how to decorate the centre piece.

      Verwijderen
    2. I think the holes are striking and hope you will make full use of this feature! A challenge? Not for you!

      Verwijderen
  2. A good beginning. I'll be watching it's progress.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love your blocks. very neat stitching.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. love this stitch it works so well on crazy blocks

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, this stitch looks very nice on CQ. It's always a challenge to make it a little different each time, mostly I don't like stitching the same again!

      Verwijderen
  5. A nice start to your block, I like the embroidered round pattern on your material, very nice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Susan. Yes, the machine embroidered circle is so pretty, it will be fun to decorate it!

      Verwijderen
  6. Just found your White Quilt and really like this block. How many blocks will be in the finished quilt?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you,Pat. My Crazy White quilt will have 29 blocks, so there will be a lot of nice white on white stitches to do!

      Verwijderen