vrijdag 5 september 2014

Blue birthday card

We had a great time when our daughter visited us the last 2 weeks. She learned crochet and when her project for a newborn is finished I hope to share it here.

Today it’s my aunts birthday and this is the card I made for her. A great excuse to use a few TAST stitches!
Before patching the card I cross stitched 80 in stranded floss on a scrap of blue evenweave and outlined it in backstitch in a metallic thread.
Pistil stitch and French knots in cotton a broder.
Buttonholed cable chain in perle 5.
Feather stitch and French knots in perle 12.
Chevron stitch and French knots in perle 5, berry stitch in 2 colours cotton a broder.
Breton stitch in perle 12.
Beaded up and down buttonhole stitch (TAST stitch 127) in cotton a broder.
TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

18 opmerkingen:

  1. A lovely blue card - a perfect gift for someone who is 80. I hope we'll see that crochet project wrapped around the grandchild. Love baby photos!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you! My daughters best friend got a little girl last month, she's such a cute baby.

      Verwijderen
  2. Beautiful card. you are so creative Annet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful stitches and a good post - everything can be seen very well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Anneliese. I always enjoy the photos I take of my projects and know most of my readers like them.

      Verwijderen
  4. Such a beautiful card. AND thank you for the individual pictures with the stitch description and thread used. It is so helpful for us semi-beginners.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Bren. My blog is my online notebook, it's easy for me to find the info about the things I made! I'm glad it helps you.

      Verwijderen
  5. Lovely card I am sure your Aunt will love it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. what a lovely card and certainly one to be kept and treasured.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. This is just the perfect place to make use of the TAST stitches. I am sure your aunt will love her card.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It was fun to stitch a few older TAST stitches on my card.

      Verwijderen
  8. Your aunt will love this card and treasure it for many more years!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen