TAST stitch 101 is triangular buttonhole stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.
This is the backside of my sampler. I like it!
I stitched my samples on 14 count Aida. All rows are stitched from left to right.
- The first row is done in perle 5. The stitches are way too big, but I didn’t want to frog it. Now it’s very easy to see how the stitch is created.
- The second row is done in perle 12. I mirrored it to make a double row. I wish I stitched this in green, it would be a pretty row of leaves.
- The third row is done in perle 8. I just stitched it in a different angle.
- The fourth row is done in perle 5.
- The last row is done in blue perle 8 and salmon cotton a broder. It wasn’t easy to get the spacing the way I wanted, so I made a drawing. I think this would be a good combo with my second row as a filling pattern.
Take a closer look at my sampler here.