donderdag 13 juni 2013

Fancy hem stitch & slipped detached chain stitch

TAST stitch 67 is fancy hem stitch, TAST stitch 68 is slipped detached chain stitch. I combined both on a CQ seam sampler on  Aida. It was inspired by Susie W’s fancy hem stitch. I stitched the fancy hem stitch with red perle 5 and wrapped it with cotton a broder. The slipped detached chain stitch is done in Stef Francis perle 5. I added a long tailed chain stitch with cotton a broder. I like the Egyptian look of this seam.
Take a closer look at my CQ seam here.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Heel mooi kan bij jouw wel in de leer zo apart al die mooie steken ,
    Zijn de kaartjes al binnen?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je wel, Marloes. Je kaartjes zijn nog niet aangekomen.

      Verwijderen
  2. Nice work; I like the contrast in colour value, soft vs stiff lines and that the green stems sprout out of the green in the Fancy Hem stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. thanks once again for sharing your creative stitch samples, we learn so much from these.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely stitches and good combinations!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I was so surprised to see my name on your blog! I'm happy to think that I inspired you as I so admire your creative stitching. The seam is beautiful and you are exactly right it does have an Egyptian feel. Love the colors too!
    SusieW

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. It is wonderful. Well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen