woensdag 8 december 2010

Turkman stitch

The next TAST stitch I wanted to catch up was the buttonholed double chain. I have looked at examples at the Flickr-TAST-group and read the comments. So I knew it was a tricky stitch! That's why I tried it on aida first. I followed the instructions, but I couldn't get it right. Then I remembered that the Turkman or double chain stitch was one of the next stitches. I tried a few of those and that was much better. I decided to catch up on the Turkman stitch first and return to the buttonholed double chain later. First I experimented with perle 5, 8 and 12 and the size of the stitches.
This is a detail of my next experiment. I made 2 mirrored rows close together and attached them with a trellis stitch.
This is a stitch combination with Turkman stitch, Chevron stitch, detached chain stitches, straight stitches and herringbone stitch in perle 5, 8 and 12. I enjoyed watching this variation grow with every stitch I added.
This last detail is a freestyle Turkman stitch in perle 5.
My complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.

1 opmerking:

  1. I really like that combination you put together - great colors, great stitch combo!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen