Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dragon ornament

In April last year I made a dragon for the Stitch Explorer March challenge. I finished the embroidery in 15 days! That was the first time I got carried away by my embroidery. I bought a frame a few weeks later, but there was no time to frame it then. Last week I was looking for some things in my stash and I found it again. Now there was a different problem; I didn’t like the square frame! I like the shape of my dragon and decided it should be an ornament. I stretched it over an old CD with a piece of batting. For the back I used the same fabric, embroidered a label on it and stretched it over a second old CD with a piece of batting.Then I sewed an organza hanging loop on the back of the part with the dragon before I sewed them together. I decorated the edge with a burgundy velvet braid. After 15 months it’s finally finished! There’s a larger picture of this ornament on my Flickr-page.

I wrote about the making of this dragon here.

3 comments:

  1. I really like him- He makes me want to stitch today thanks for sharing and of course congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see that dragon I am amazed at how wonderful and detailed it is. How good it must feel to have finalized the finishing details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Annet,
    your dragon is the most adorable symbol of the year made by hands! Sorry for not asking your permission for use. If it's a problem, I'll delete it from my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.