Monday, June 14, 2010

Beezzz

Last week I made another crazy ornament for a sane quilting friend. I embroidered the bee before patching the block. It’s a pattern from my book ‘Doodle-stitching’ by Aimee Ray. I’m in the third week of Sharon’s class ‘Encrusted crazy quilting’ and this ornament is the first CQ I finished. I’m very happy with the change in my style! I used a few TAST-stitches in this piece: raised cup stitch flowers, fancy hem stitch on the lace and a buttonholed herringbone above the embroidered bee. The last one is a variation, I used half herringbone stitch, half Cretan stitch instead of a herringbone stitch.This is a detail of the edge. I attached organza ribbon with French knots.
A raised cup stitch.
There’s a bigger picture of this ornament on my Flickr-page.

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.