vrijdag 22 juni 2012

Cable chain stitch: How to continue with a new thread

Today I stitched my first new row in cable chain stitch, the TAST stitch for week 25. When I was halfway I had to start a new thread. This is how I did it. First I started a new thread and came up where the last stitch with the old thread is going to end.
Then I continued with the old thread. I put it around the new thread from top to bottom to form the chain.
I made the knot like a normal cable chain stitch and took the needle to the back.
Then I pulled the old thread through, holding the new thread tight.
I stitched a few cable chain stitches with my new thread before I secured the old thread at the back. That way it's possible to change the look of the last stitch if necessary.
I hope this little trick is helpful for some of you.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Such a great tip! Thank you for sharing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you for helping us all to make smooth, invisible changes. A great tutorial!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks! I've often wondered why books and online tutorials do not cover how to end and start with a new thread. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this stitch. Going to go and practice in a bit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It is so good to learn these extra little tips!
    Many thanks
    Barbara

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen