dinsdag 12 juni 2012

Old buttonhole wheels

The TAST stitch for week 24 is buttonhole wheels. For me the fun starts with flipping through my photo’s for my weekly post with old stitches. I enjoy seeing what I already did and start thinking of what more I can do with the stitch.
My first sample is part of my TAST 2007 sampler. It’s stitched with stranded floss on muslin.
Buttonhole wheels is one of the stitches I use a lot in my CQ. This is a seam on block 15 of my Crazy Monday quilt. It’s stitched with 2 threads of stranded floss.
This seam is part of the first block I made for Sharon’s encrusted class. I stitched quarter buttonhole wheels with 2 threads of stranded floss inside the scallops of the lace and decorated it with beads.
This is a detail on my ATC Yellow swirls. I stitched a quarter buttonhole wheel with stranded floss in the corner of the couching.
I made this ATC for a swap in September 2009. Tricia was my swap partner and I knew she liked the turtle beads, so I started with those and added the buttonhole wheels. The edge is decorated with fluffy yarn and beads.
Last week I wrote about how I made the half buttonhole wheels on my CQ without marking the fabric. You can read it here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. You are certainly well on the away before you have even started to stitch.I will be chasing myself this week as I am off to London for 2 days tomorrow, must do some cleaning today.
    When I have some spare time I am going to indulge myself and spend time going through your blog, it looks so interesting

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you, Annet, for sharing all those wonderful examples!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. lovely samples. thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I like the top photo with the overlapping effect that you got, Annet!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen