zondag 10 februari 2013

Raised herringbone band

The TAST stitch for this week is raised herringbone band. I found this stitch in my embroidery books as raised lattice band. The only difference was the satin stitch. The raised lattice band has a padded satin stitch and I thought this might help to keep the lacing thread in the right place. I took a photo of today’s embroidery on the page of my TAST 2010 fabric book with the raised herringbone band.
I stitched my new rows on 18 count evenweave. The padded satin stitch in the first row is done with a full thread of stranded floss. The herringbone stitch is done with Caron Watercolours, the lacing with perle 5. I was right about the satin stitch, the padding helps to keep the lacing thread in the right place.
The second row is a variation. In my embroidery book the twisted lattice band was next to the raised lattice band. So I stitched a raised twisted lattice band. I wrote a tutorial for it, you can find it here.
The padded satin stitch in the last row is done with a full thread of stranded DMC satin floss. The herringbone stitch is done with DMC perle 5 color variations and the lacing with Caron Wildflowers.
Take a closer look at my 3 new rows here.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. You posted many very, very nice samples of the raised herringbone band. You did a good exploration job, Annet.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Had I padded my Satin stitch I would have had no problem stitching on Aida! It takes an experienced needleworker like you to think ahead.
    Your stitch sampler book is beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love these bands. On the Flickr page you thread looked like wool, which has given me the idea of putting this on babies felt boots. Thanks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen