The TAST stitch for this week is raised herringbone band. I stitched a raised herringbone band sampler for TAST 2010, but didn’t liked the stitch. I never used it again, but I hope to give it another try this week. So my samples for this stitch are all part of the same sampler. The first row is done in cotton a broder for the satin stitches, stranded floss for the herringbone stitch and a metallic thread for the lacing. The second row is done in perle 5. The bottom row is done in stranded floss for the satin stitches, Sulky cotton 30 for the herringbone stitches and a gold thread for the lacing. When I made my fabric book I removed the lacing thread in the last row.
The next row is done in
perle 5. I made the satin stitches bigger every 12 stitches.
The satin stitches for
this row are done with 3 threads of stranded floss. The laced herringbone is
done in cotton a broder, which I also used for the French knots.
This last experiment is
done in perle 5. I made rectangles with red satin stitches.
Take a look at the
finished sampler here.