donderdag 3 februari 2011

Relax

Sandra introduced a new zentangle challenge yesterday. She told us to name a zentangle right after finishing it and tell the story behind the name. I thought it was an opportunity to finally draw the first zentangle in my new A5 sketchbook. There were a few tangles I wanted to try and I started with Shattuck. But my pen took a different path and I just let it happen. It's the same approach I use in my embroidery, just creating and see what happens. I was very relaxed, so that must be its name. Now this zentangle looks like a brain with my curly hair. They look like the locks of hair I saw on the floor after my haircut yesterday. But I also see some animal feet at the bottom. Now it would be fun if you tell me what you see when you look at my zentangle. You can see what others did for this challenge here.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Love this! What a great inaugural tangle for your new sketchbook!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. hi, first I saw brains and positive vibes coming out then i read the text and that is almost what you see. Second i find it looks like a pile of seashells with seaweed and algae on top.
    Een mooie en boeiende tekening;

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wunderschön!
    Und frag mich nicht, wie ich drauf komme – für mich war es auf den ersten Blick ein Elephant, der auf seinen großen, empfindsamen, leisen Sohlen durch den Wald schleicht. Etwas Großes, Schweres, Kompaktes kann durchaus sehr leichtfüßig sein…

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wunderschön! Für mich sieht es aus wie ein großes Ruhe- oder Liege- oder Sitzkissen hinter einem filigranen, schmiedeeisernem Zaun...als wenn sich gleich jemand zum Relaxen darauf niederlassen will.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. i see a silouhette of a spoiled sleeping cat.she is covered with grannys preferred and carefully stiched blanket.and i can see what she dreams.it is right before my eyes -torn yarn flying freely...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen