Friday, January 21, 2011

TAST-sampler update

Today I had some time to work on my TAST-sampler. First I stitched a freestyle plaited feather stitch and finished it with some pistil stitches. Then I added 2 half buttonhole wheel cups. My next experiment was with the houndstooth. I made different sizes and a few stretched stitches.
Then I made one big straight stitch (4 cm or 1,5 inch) and made the loops of the houndstooth in alternating directions. I used a variegated Stef Francis perle 5 for this.
At the left side of the big houndstooth I stitched a Vandyke stitch. While I was stitching this, it turned into a centipede and crawled under the houndstooth.
I'm almost halfway on this sampler. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.