Thursday, December 14, 2017

Cover for Rooie

A few months ago I started making the cover for my altered book Rooie. I was inspired by Japanese boro. First I stitched the name on a scrap of Aida.
Then I made a nice composition with red fabric scraps.
After stitching part of these scraps I could add the label with Holbein stitch, Sunday Stitch School number 30.
I used running stitch and cross stitch for the boro work in DMC special dentelle 80.
The cover is finished, I only have to glue it to the cover of my altered book to have a finish!
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on.

4 comments:

  1. A very nice book cover, the Holbein stitch is really good for attaching labels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Queenie. I hope to share the finished book soon, I only have to take photos!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.