maandag 11 december 2017

Australia sampler

Years ago my mother started this Australia sampler for my father. She got a poor eyesight over the years, so now I’m going to finish it for my parents. I share a weekly update to keep me going. Last week I finished the cross stitches on the first building. It took a lot of time to add the backstitches in grey, black and white. After finishing the building I started on the seashell in the right bottom corner. It’s almost ready for backstitching.
And this is how the Australia sampler looks now. Next time I hope to remember to iron it before taking photos!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Thanks, Renee. I enjoy working on this, I made great progress the last few days!

      Verwijderen
  2. Wow! The backstitching really does make this a FINE building. A world apart from the bungalow I thought you were building!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. It was great to see the building change when I added the backstitches. It was not so easy, the instructions and the example where not the same!

      Verwijderen