woensdag 9 februari 2011

Last TAST sampler

Today I finished my first goal for 2011. I wanted to finish the TAST stitches for weeks 38-44 before February 15 and I did! I stitched them all on one sampler (6 x 6 inch or 15 x 15 cm). This first detail is in the bottom left corner. It's a square buttonhole wheel cup with the spokes pointing outwards. Today I sewed a tiny button (4 mm!) in the centre.
The second detail is a triple chain in Stef Francis perle 5. I secured the last stitch with 3 pistil stitches.
In the upper right corner I made a beaded Hedebo edge with perle 8 and 2,6 mm beads.
I added the date (in Dutch) to my sampler with backstitches.
There's a bigger picture of my sampler at my Flickr-page.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. That's really lovely! Do you think you'll use the stitches for a bigger project now?

    The Arrival, only .99c on Amazon
    www.damselinadirtydress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Congratulations Annet this is a fabulous finish to a fantastic years work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks ladies.
    Nicole, I use the stitches from time to time in other projects. Some more that others, but I have added a few favourite stitches to my list in the last year.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love the way you put several stitches together to make an art piece. Beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Your samplers are all so gorgeous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen