Sunday, February 6, 2011

Contrast

Last month I made an ATC for my first swap at Stitchin Fingers. The theme for this swap was contrast and my swap partner Tahlia was also in the PLOS-class. So I knew what she would like. My sampler 'There is no spoon' was the inspiration for this ATC, I used the same colors too. The fabric is the same as I used for my TAST-samplers. First I made the whipped wheel with some fly stitches between the spokes. Then I filled the spaces with French knots. I divided the rest of the space with perle 8, couched with French knots. I wanted to fill each space with a different kind of contrast. In the upper left corner I made a houndstooth, a stitch I discovered recently. In the upper right corner I experimented with fly stitches. Then I made a Vandyke stitch at the bottom with French knots to fill the space. When I took a picture of my progress, I saw I had to use the same contrast at the remaining spaces left and right. I knew Tahlia liked my Nefertiti, so I wanted to do some pulled thread. I made satin stitches with 2 threads of stranded orange DMC. To finish my ATC I put some white felt between the embroidery and the cardstock backing and couched the edge with a fluffly knitting yarn. There's a bigger photo of my ATC here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.