zondag 22 augustus 2010

Vandyke stitch

The Vandyke stitch was not completely new to me. I used it on 2 crazy ATC's I made in 2008 and on my last Crazy Monday block. But I never experimented with it and TAST is a great challenge to do so. But first I made a row with Stef Francis perle 5. I didn't like the bottom of the line and decided to make a small stitch at the end of the row to keep the stitches straight. Now the beginning and the end of the row looks almost the same, I like that. This next experiment is done with perle 12. I added some 2 mm beads to both arms of every second stitch. It was not so easy to keep the thread from tangling in those beads!
On this last sample I couched a buckle on the fabric with Stef Francis perle 5. Then I made another row on both sides to fill the shape. I decorated it with some French knots with DMC broder special. I think this will look good on a crazy block too!
These are only a few of the examples I made on my sampler for week 25. My complete sampler is on my Flickr-page.

1 opmerking: