Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pattern darning 1

Pattern darning is the August challenge for Stitch Explorer. It’s not completely new for me, I did some kogin in March. For this sample I used the same fabric (dark blue even-weave) and the same thread (ecru DMC broder special). I like the patterns Sharon mentioned in her challenge, so I used one of the narrow bands. The size is 2¼ x 3¼ inch, so I can make an ATC of it. I want to make my own pattern for my next experiment, so I have some designing to do!

3 comments:

  1. Mooi geworden Annet en het lijkt nogal op kogin, ook door de kleur- en materiaalkeuze. Ik ben benieuwd naar je eigen ontwerp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the regularity of this - it is so pleasing to the eye

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! One of my grandmothers did an embroidery style like this - I used to have a couple of her pieces, but I don't know where they are any more. I've been meaning to learn how to do it, but it's never made it to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.