maandag 13 juli 2020

ICAD

This year I’m participating in ICAD (Index Card A Day) for the 5th time. There’s a weekly theme with daily prompts, which you can find at Daisy Yellow

These are my cards for the 6th week, the theme was:
inspired by natural elements, rust, dye, fibre, jute & thread.

The prompt for day 36 was ocean. I found a nice photo in a magazine and searched for another whale to embroider, which I found here. I stitched it on a scrap of Aida.
Hydrangea was the prompt for day 37. I knew I had a quilting fabric with hydrangeas on it, that was my starting point. I used a painted book page for the leaves. Of course I had to photograph my card on our Hydrangea!
The rust prompt for day 38 reminded me of a very old rust dying experiment. I wrote about it here. I still had parts of this fabric, so I could use it for my card. I decorated it with running stitches and buttonhole wheels in stranded floss.
I made a collage for day 39, the prompt was mirage.
Gradient was the prompt for day 40. I found a pretty background paper and wanted to add some embroidery. When I was looking for my threads, I found this needle weaving experiment. I made it for Stitch Explorer in 2009, I wrote about it here. I thought it was the perfect match for the fabric. The threads I used at the time where also in the bag, so I could use it for a border.
The prompt for day 41 was cinnamon or spice. Time to use one of the pretty teabags I had in my stash. I stitched it to a piece of jute with cross stitches. Then I decorated the jute with freestyle herringbone stitches with my mother's old mending wool.
The last prompt for this week was knot. The French knot is one of my favourite stitches, so that’s what I used on my card. I stitched many of them on felt with stranded floss. I added some bullion knots and fern stitches too. I decorated it with a few beaded sequins.
Now it’s time to start the week 7.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten