vrijdag 28 september 2012

Treeskirt

This is my 1000th post! I started blogging on November 28, 2007, because I wanted to write about my quilts. Looking at my labels today, there are only 76 posts about my quilts and 502 about embroidery, time changes things! To celebrate this milestone I return to the roots of my blog and share the pattern of my treeskirt.
It’s a paper piecing pattern, but I stitched it by hand on foundation (vlieseline L11). I searched online to find some good tutorials. Here’s a video tutorial, and this is a written tutorial. I pieced my pattern 8 times, 4 normal ones and 4 mirrored ones. Then I pieced them together to form a circle, but left the last side open. There I added ribbons to close my treeskirt. I finished it as a normal quilt. You can find my pattern here, where you can print it at the size you need.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Tjeetje, Annet, 1000 posts. Je bent een volhouder :-). Gefeliciteerd met deze mijlpaal! Op naar de 2000 zullen we maar zeggen, hihi.
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. congratulations on reaching 1000 posts and in less than 5 years.

    Tree skirt looks great, will pass on making one as I do not have tree!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. congratulations for reaching 1000th post and 500+ post on embroidery

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. my hearty congrats on crossing 1000 post..wish you for achieving more milestones..treeskirt is great!love your blog as well..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. * C * O * N * G * R * A * T * U * L * A * T * I * O * N * S *

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen