woensdag 20 april 2011

Leaves in my studio journal

This is one of my new gesso pages. I made a print in the gesso with this leave. It was part of a Christmas decoration.

This is the same leave with the gesso on it. I liked the effect of this, so I added some more gesso to cover the red at the top side.

When it was dry I painted it with the same watercolour paint as I used in my studio journal.

Then I took lots of detail photo's and played with them on my computer.

With a detail of the last photo I played a little more.

I printed them out to play again in my studio journal. These could be very nice patterns!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I just love the red leaf with the white gesso. The designs are really nice lacy patterns. Your studio journal is so interesting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very neat! I love how you found patterns in the laciness of the leaf.
    ~Faith

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Good pattern you have created Annet. Your journal must be getting full. You are having lots of fun with it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen