I made my first quiltie for a swap and sent it to Amy. I used an old stained glass pattern of the Spectrum Glass Company. The appliqué, embroidery and quilting are done by hand. I made French knots in the centre of the flower and Portuguese stem stitches on the petals. The bee is a pattern from my embroidery book ‘Doodle-Stitching’ by Aimee Ray. I used satin stitches for the body and sting, backstitches for the wings and a split stitch for the line. The fabric of the background is a scrap from my first stained glass quilt Rosa Plumbi. I decided to give this one a Latin name too: Flosculus plumbeus (little flower made of lead).Ingrid made a beautiful crazy quiltie for me. The picture doesn’t do it justice, the colours are difficult to photograph. She called it ‘The Devil Is In The Details’! The embroidery is very pretty.