maandag 18 december 2017

Australia sampler

Years ago my mother started this Australia sampler for my father. She got a poor eyesight over the years, so now I’m going to finish it for my parents. I share a weekly update to keep me going. 

Last week I finished the seashell in the right bottom corner. Again the backstitches made the difference.
Now I’m working on this floral part, it needs some more leaves at the bottom left side before I add the backstitches.
And this is how the Australia sampler looks now. The right side is worked to the edge, so now I can work my way to the left side. There are still lots of stitches to be made!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. The pattern on the shell makes it much more difficult to stitch than the house, don't you think?
    Your work is coming along nicely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, the seashell was more difficult to stitch. The floral part was much easier. It's not growing fast these days!

      Verwijderen