Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Old buttonholed herringbone stitches

TAST stitch 55 is buttonholed herringbone stitch. I used this stitch for the first time on block 6 of my Crazy Monday quilt. It’s stitched with 3 threads of stranded floss.
This is a seam on block13 of my Crazy Monday quilt. The thread is stranded floss. I decorated it with beads.
A seam on my Pink ornament. The thread is cotton a broder.
This is my TAST 2010 sampler. I used a large sequin (1,25 inch or 3 cm) and made a shisha stitch with perle 5. Then I drew a large circle around it and divided it in 16 parts (first quarters and then halfway twice) to make it easy to stitch. For the buttonholed herringbone I used a perle 5 again.
My last sample is a seam on my ornament Beezzz. First I made a base of half herringbone half Cretan stitch. The thread is stranded floss and a metallic thread.

5 comments:

  1. Prachtig die bloem! Maar ook als border is dit een fantastische steek!
    Groetjes,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a variety! Lots of inspiration! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your work and so many instructions, Annet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great working! thanks for sharing, I am still in the thinking stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. more inspiration to get me going again on the tast, behind again, also behind on blogs, just catching up this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post.