Monday, November 20, 2017

Australia sampler

Years ago my mother started this Australia sampler for my father. She got a poor eyesight over the years, so now I’m going to finish it for my parents. I share a weekly update to keep me going. 

Great progress this week. I started working on the Mimi spirit at the right.
After a few days it looked like this. I already added some backstitches at the bottom.
And yesterday evening it was almost finished. It only needs some white cross stitches and a black backstitch outline.
This is how the Australia sampler looks now. I hope to finish the Mimi spirit soon, so I can start to work on the next item.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. I’ll share progress photos of this embroidery from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. I had to Google Mimi Spirits to understand, but I think this is a must for the Australian sampler. With a black back-stitched outline it will be even more striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the backstitches made a lot of difference. I made great progress this week, I'll share an update later today.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.