Monday, January 23, 2017

CQ patch for Johnny

From time to time I participate in a Teesha Moore inspired patch swap. I made this patch for Johnny for an embroidered patch swap. Of course I thought about CQ and wondered if I could use it in a Teesha Moore inspired patch. To make it work I made it a bit bigger, it’s 5½ by 7¼ inch. I added lace and a rose charm, which was part of a necklace. I only used stranded floss on this patch.
On this seam I stitched feather stitch and decorated it with French knots.
Here I stitched crossed buttonhole stitch.
Vandyke stitch at the right and tied herringbone with straight stitches and beads at the left.
I secured the lace and the border with French knots. The lace is decorated with larger beads in the centre.
You can take a closer look at this CQ patch here.

Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

6 comments:

  1. Every seam has been beautifully embroidered, and the lace and charm add interesting elements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Queenie. This was a very quick way to make a nice embroidered patch.

      Delete
  2. looks lovely and good that you have shared stitches used for those who are new to embroidery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret. I always try to write about my stitches, they are my online notes!

      Delete
  3. Fascinating stitches! The lace and charm are very pretty ways of decorating your patchwork! I love adding lace to my stitching whenever suitable, and can't wait to try some of those stitches, thank you for the ideas, Annet!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. It's not always easy to find matching decoration, but for this vintage patch I found more than I could add!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.