woensdag 20 augustus 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday - August 20

This week I decorated 2 seams on block 3 for my Crazy White quilt. It’s the last block of the 4 blocks I prepared in 2012! My first seam was drawn with the help of Sharon’s CQ stencil. I stitched Portuguese stem stitch in perle 5. It will be decorated when all embroidery on the block is done.
Here I made a combo of detached chain stitch, pistil stitch, bullion knots and French knots. The thread is perle 8.
Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s. 
More info at Pin Tangle.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. Your seams are lovely! I look forward to seeing how they look next week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I hope I have time to stitch this week, my daughter is visiting for 2 weeks!

      Verwijderen
  2. I do like the one colour crazy idea and yours is a real beauty. Hoping Sharon might come up with another set of stencils as this set is so good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love the chunky Portuguese Stem stitch, but I bet it will look even better with decorations later on. I agree with Margaret, one colour crazy blocks are real beauties.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Queenie. The decoration for the Portuguese stem stitch will have to wait a little longer. My youngest daughter is visiting for 2 weeks and wants to learn crochet, so there's no time for stitching!

      Verwijderen
  4. I do like the colour of your thread and your beautiful stitching!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Susan. It's so good to see what can be done in just one colour!

      Verwijderen