Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blooming tree

The last theme for the Fibre Fever ATC swap was trees. I made this ATC for Kim in the USA. I cut the tree and grass without a pattern and was very pleased with the result. The stitches I used are:
  • whipped backstitch for the tree
  • straight stitches for the grass
  • colonial knots for the blossom
  • a combo of straight stitch, detached chain stitch and colonial knots for the flowers
  • at the edge I couched some knitting yarn
All threads are stranded floss.

3 comments:

  1. Just like the blossoming plum trees in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see some trees in blossom, hope they will bloom soon here too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.