This yellow row is done with Stef Francis spun silk with flames. I stitched 2 half rows, one from left to the centre and one from the right. At the meeting point
I stitched 2 extra stitches. I varied the size of my stitches too.
This is a detail of the second row. It’s stitched with 2 threads of stranded DMC, one yellow and one purple. I changed the angle of the straight stitches in this row, so when they meet it forms a diamond shape.
I had lots of idea’s to try with different colours, but not enough time. So I all stitched them in one row with purple and yellow perle 8. At the end of my row there was not enough purple left, so I made a few single yellow wheatear stitches.
Here I alternated the colour with every stitch.
In this row I alternated the colour after 3 parts of the stitch in a continuous row.
Another example of alternating colour. I used the same colour for the second part of the stitch and the first part of the next stitch. It looks like a little row of tulips.
Here I used yellow for the first part of the stitch and purple for the second part.
This is the same as the previous sample, this time with purple for the first part and yellow for the second part.
It’s a pity I don’t have more time to experiment with this stitch. I have one more project to finish before the end of the month.