donderdag 19 april 2012

Vintage

This is my second fabric book page for the book page swap at Stitchin Fingers. I made it for Trillian in Germany. I’ve also sent her a new ATC for the February ATC swap, because the first one was lost in the mail. I’ll show the ATC in another post, because I want to share the details of my block with you. It’s going to be a long post today!
On this crazy book page I only used TAST stitches. Here I stitched herringbone stitch with perle 5, Cretan stitch with perle 8 and French knots with 2 threads of stranded floss. The French knots are this week’s TAST stitch.
A Chevron stitch with 4 threads of stranded floss and long tailed slipped detached chain stitches with cotton a broder. The slipped detached chain is a TAST 2010 stitch.
The third seam is a feather stitch with detached chain stitches, both with 2 threads of stranded floss.
This seam is a row of flipped fly stitches with bullion knots (a TAST 2007 stitch). Both are done with cotton a broder.
A button cluster, the one on the right is a vintage button from an old coat.
Another TAST 2010 stitch, the buttonholed herringbone. I stitched it with 2 threads of stranded floss.
Here I used French knots to attach the ribbon with 2 threads of stranded floss.
Half buttonhole wheels and French knots with 2 threads of stranded floss. I used a template for this, because I didn’t want to use a water soluble marker on this fabric. I’ll share that in a later post.
Here I sewed a piece of hairpin lace on the seam. It’s one of my first small hairpin lace experiments, I wrote about it here.
You can click the photo's to see them bigger. There’s a bigger photo of this book page on my Flickr-page.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Annet, this is very beautiful block!! I love it very much!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It is a really nice page and I am very glad you made it for me. Thank you very much.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. really beautiful hand embroidery.....such a lovely mix of samples.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Gefällt mir gut. Sehr schöne Stickerei. Der ganze Blog gefällt mir.
    Liebe Grüße, anngles

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. i love the flipped fly stitch with the bullion stitch and the buttonholed herringbone~!
    you've really done some lovely seam treatments on this book page~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen