maandag 21 november 2016

Detached split stitch

Sunday Stitch School is a private challenge at Queeniepatch, she started with Anundsjö StitchThis stitch is new to me, so I just had to give it a try. But first I flipped through my embroidery books to see if I could find it. I found it in The Stitches of Creative Embroidery by Jacqueline Enthoven, it’s detached split stitch. Luckily I have the Dutch translation of the same book, so I also found the Dutch name: losse splijtsteek. I have a few unfinished samplers and this stitch was perfect for my pretty fabric sampler. I used Stef Francis per 5 for my detached split stitch. Just click the photo to take a closer look.

8 opmerkingen:

  1. How nice to see the Anundsjö stitch in turquoise on your pretty fabric. SO different from the traditional red on white. Good to have a Dutch name for it. I also found it in Mary Thomas's Dictionary of Embroiery Stitches! Why didn't I see it before I wrote the lesson?
    I am looking forward to studying other less known stitches in future lessons.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Queenie. I ike the variarion in Mary Thomas's, must give the 2 coloured one a try. I think it's also fun to try 2 different threads.

      Verwijderen
  2. like you I am liking this stitch have not tried it yet and thanks for the book reference I have that book too

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The Anundsjö stitch looks lovely on this piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Chitra. It's fun to decorate this fabric with stitches.

      Verwijderen
  4. Hello Annet,
    This is the first time I am hearing of this stitch. Beautiful name :) I love the color you used for stitching.
    Deepa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks, Deepa. I was not familiar with this stitch before Queenie wrote about it. It's a nice stitch.

      Verwijderen