maandag 13 juni 2016

ICAD week 1

This year I’m participating in ICAD, which stands for Index Card A Day. There’s a weekly theme with daily prompts. I managed to make a card each day, so I have 13 cards finished. You can find the theme and prompts for week 1 at Daisy Yellow.

This journaling challenge started with a crochet hook and music tape!
And this was my very first card. I used this pattern to crochet FAME.
The prompt for day 2 took me back to the basisschool (school for 4-12 year old children) of my daughters! I wrote with my left non-dominant hand.
 My card for day 3, I just liked this Snoopy pattern.
For day 4 I cut an old piece of a book report (which was typed on my old typewriter) in strips and used part of it to make a new story. The book report was about the Dutch book De Kleine Johannes by Frederik van Eden, a book I had to read for school exams, many, many years ago.
I made a collage for day 5. The Dutch proverb says: have your head in the clouds.
I didn’t have to think long about the list I wanted to make for day 6, but it wasn’t easy to pick only 10 stitches. If I had to make a list today, I’m sure it would be different!
And the last card for the first week. I drew circles and part of circles. Then I doodled before I added colour.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. best of luck keeping up with this challenge one a day such imagination you have I am sure you will have no worries your first ones all look great especially liking the last one

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Leuk, al die verschillende kaarten te zien. Ik deed vorig jaar mee, maar sla dit jaar over. Misschien dat ik nog één of twee kaartjes meedoe.... ik vind jouw creaties heel leuk en vooral 'De Kleine Johannes' - tja, ik heb nou eenmaal wat met tekst! Het boek las ik zo'n 35 jaar terug toen ik me een tijdje verdiepte in (het leven van) Frederik van Eeden... nu ik jou index kaart zie krijg ik weer de kriebels, ik ga het zeker weer eens herlezen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Leuk, is het cirkeltje weer rond. Volgens mij heb ik jouw blog gevonden via ICAD vorig jaar. De Kleine Johannes heb ik op de middelbare school gelezen, maar het uitreksel deed geen belletje rinkelen. Gelukkig leverde de tekst wel weer een ander verhaaltje op, het was leuk om zo met woorden te spelen!

      Verwijderen
  3. Annet, I see you changed completely to mixed media - it seems to be addictive.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. No, I didn't change completel to mixed media, I just don't have time to blog about all the things I do. I'm still working with needle and thread too!

      Verwijderen