zondag 30 maart 2014

Easter Egg SAL 1

At NeedleKnowledge there’s an Easter Egg SAL with a free pattern. It’s a large egg ornament (15 cm or 6 inch high) with lots of different embroidery stitches. 
I’m using DMC cotton a broder in yellow, green and purple and orange stranded DMC color variations.
This is my progress until today.
 Chain stitch in 3 threads of orange DMC color variations.
The centre part of the egg. I changed a few of the stitches. In the original pattern the green is used for detached chain stitch and backstitch. I did start the backstitch, but replaced it by twisted satin stitch (TAST stitch 89). The purple stitches are alternating stem stitches instead of the backstitches in the original pattern.
I’m glad I found this pattern, it helps me stitching in my own way again and using some old TAST stitches.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. This will be a charming ornament when finished. Lovely bright colours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. lovely and much better for you than the chocolate variety

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a beautiful project for Easter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely! I have too many projects to begin another, but the temptation is so strong! What a fun idea. Your stitching and color choices are lovely.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen