dinsdag 24 mei 2011

Couldn't resist

. . . to try this technique after watching the video in this tutorial. For now I only tried the second part with freezer paper. Some of you might recognize this design from my studio journal. I used the freezer paper templates from my quilt and the label to make a mirror image in my studio journal. Then I drew some tulips with a white crayon. I used an umber watercolour paint and removed the freezer paper while the paint was still wet. This is a detail of the tulips. It was fun to watch the crayon resist the watercolour paint. I like the effect of this technique.

Next time I'll write about the quilt I made with this design.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. All I can say is Wow! you are just amazing. The ideas and creation your come up with are just astounding. I can imagine already how great this design is going to be in a quilt. Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work and for being such an inspiration

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Annet, thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
    This looks very interesting, and I can only imagine how it will look on your quilt! I have found so much inspiration from your work. Thank you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen