maandag 10 december 2012

Alternating stem stitch

Last Saturday I wrote about the last detail on my grey linen sampler. Today I want to share how I made the border. I found a stem stitch variation in one of my embroidery books, it’s called alternating stem stitch. I used perle 5 for my border. With a normal stem stitch you keep the thread below the needle, with the alternating stem stitch you alternate the direction of the thread. In the first step you keep the thread below the needle.
In the second step you keep the thread above the needle. Keep repeating these 2 steps.
My complete grey linen sampler is here.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. The finished sampler is so cool and well done, Annet! Thanks for the instructions on the variation of the stem stitch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. just popped over to see your finished sampler Annet, it is very nice indeed and thanks for your instructions,

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The alternating stem stitch is new to me. Thanks for the heads-up.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen