Saturday, August 6, 2011

Portuguese stem stitch corner

When I stitched the border of Nefertiti in Portuguese stem stitch, I just made a continuous line. I ended up with round corners, which was not a bad thing for this embroidery. But for my new embroidery I wanted some neat corners. This is what I did.

When I finished the last stitch, I took my needle into the corner and pulled the thread to the back.

It looked like this.

Then I took my thread through the second stitch from the corner to secure the thread.

I took the thread to the front in the corner.

I whipped the 2 threads from bottom to top for the first time . . .

. . . and the second time.

Then I took my thread to the back, close to the whipped stitches pointing to the centre of the stitch.

I ended up with a neat corner.

This corner is stitched with perle 8.

3 comments:

  1. So happy you take the time to do step by steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tutorials are clear and really useful. I second Rose's comment; THANK YOU for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You give such wonderfully clear instructions and the photos just top it off. Thank you for teaching us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.