Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bird's Nest

I finished this ATC for the May swap at Stitchin Fingers before I knew Emily would be my swap-partner. It's funny, because I use a biscornu in these colours designed by her! The fabric I used for this ATC is a scrap from my quilt Easter. First I embroidered the outlines of the flowers in stem stitches and added the chain stitches for the flower hearts. Then I put a piece of cotton batting behind the fabric and stitched the straight stitches in a rayon thread. At the edge I couched some cotton knitting yarn.

There's a bigger photo of this ATC at my Flickr-page.

5 comments:

  1. This is soooo totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely keepsake - absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice atc! Emily will be so happy to receive it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.