zaterdag 6 november 2010

Personal Library of Stitches 10

After finishing my floral sampler, I had to tidy up my workspace first! I found an Egyptian template and a new idea for the last week of this class was born. I started stitching the outlines with a whipped backstitch last Sunday. The rest of the week I added more stitches. This detail is a whipped wheel, a buttonhole bar and French knots.
More French knots . . .
. . . and some pulled thread. I used the same pattern as for the trunk of my casalguidi tree last year, but it looks completely different with the linen I use now.
This is the result of the first week stitching on Nefertiti. The size is 13 x 16 cm (about 5 x 6 1/2 inch) and I'm working on a 25 count white linen.
The class has ended, but I want to finish this project before I'm going to catch up on the TAST stitches again. It's so much fun to work on this and see it change with every stitch I add!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow, this is what I have been waiting for! Annet, this is brilliant! The range of color and the variety of stitches, just gorgeous. So, happy stitching. Can't wait to see it finished.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Just beautiful! I'll be watching to see your progress on this!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Annet, this is totally amazing...beautiful. I like the drawn thread work, it adds a different texture to the piece. I will be following your progress as well.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ich bin ganz hingerissen, das ist absolut einsame Spitze, was du machst. Congratulations! Es ist so schön zu sehen.
    Anneliese

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen