zaterdag 1 oktober 2011

Gesso & bubble plastic

A few months ago, Suz experimented with gesso and plastic. I thought it would be fun to give it a try, but she warned me not to leave the plastic on too long. Instead of normal plastic I used bubble plastic. I set a timer at 30 minutes to be sure I wouldn't forget to remove it from my gesso. I started at the right edge and slowly removed the bubble plastic. It left some great marks, which reminded me of peacock feathers. So I gave it a purple and blue watercolour wash and lifted the left side to make some drippings. When it was dry, I took some detail photo's to play with on my computer. I'm sharing a few of them here. This first one looks like gesso argyles. I like the patterns in the blue parts.

So I played with more blue parts and was pleasant surprised by this result.

At first I didn't know what to think of this last one, until I spotted the spiders. It's fun, you can only see them when you focus on the blue parts!

1 opmerking:

  1. A nice result with the gesso, Annet. Love the patterns you created playing! Hugs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen