Friday, September 9, 2011

Rust dyeing again

I was so pleased with the result of my second rust dyeing experiment that I wanted to use the tin box again. This time I used a blue fabric that I could use for an embroidery. I used the same fabric for a little fish, so I know it works nicely. I gave it the same treatment as I described here and this is the result. A detail of a part that I wrapped around a screw.

This detail looks like a little bird.

Of course I kept the tin box, maybe I can use it again.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice results! I especially like the whorls made by the wrapped screw.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.