Monday, September 12, 2011

Black chicken scratch

Yesterday I started a new embroidery. I want to build on the things I learned in Sharon's sumptuous surface class and see if I could mix it with the things I already tried. The first thing I stitched was a square in chicken scratch (2 x 2 inch or 5 x 5 cm). I used DMC antique effects for the cross stitches and DMC 80 for the running stitches and the lacing.

Black is difficult to photograph on a rainy day, it looks better in reality.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous Annet--I love Chicken scratch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading them and try to reply at the same post within a few days.