Monday, February 5, 2018

Rooie finished!

In December I finished the cover for my altered book Rooie. I wrote about it here. The cover shrunk more than I anticipated, so I had to paint the edge of my original cover red. All I had to do was glue the cover to the original cover with mod podge for fabric. When it was dry, I only had to take photos, but with a very busy December I forgot all about it. Luckily Sharon started Beyond TAST with running stitch to explore for the first challenge. It’s a bit cheating, but this embroidery fits perfectly, especially because I had no time to start something new. All I do the last months is cross stitching the Australia sampler for my parents, which I hope to finish in a few months.
the frontside
the backside
the spine
I didn’t share all pages from this book, some are just too personal. It’s my first finished altered book and I’m very happy with it.
colourful pages
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on.

6 comments:

  1. Really neat, Annet! Love all hose stitches, and especially like the colour!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Rooie is Dutch for red, so I had to use red!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, it was a pleasure to work on this cover.

      Delete
  3. Gefeliciteerd dat het "af" is!
    Wat ziet het er prachtig uit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel, het was leuk om 2 dingen die ik leuk vind te combineren. Ben ook heel blij met het resultaat.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.